CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

We're Back!







Sorry everyone! I'm not very good at writing in my journal either! Instead of worrying about whether I have included everything from the past few months or not, I'll just give you a brief summary of how things are now, so that I don't feel too overwhelmed. Let's see... we've been home from Utah now for a couple of weeks. We had a great time during our Christmas vacation. It was wonderful to be with family, and it's also wonderful to be home. It's interesting how, if you live in too many places in your life, you feel that you can never be happy in one place... a piece of your heart is everywhere you've been! At the same time, I could say that my capacity to love is greater, and my love is shared with people in many different places. Gosh, I guess I wax sentimental when I've been away from the blog too long!

Baby Lulu is the most wonderful little girl ever! She has brought so much joy into our home. It's difficult for me to ever be away from her. Her new things are rolling from wall to wall, sitting up, and curling just the tip of her little tongue. She also makes a funny hissing sound and likes to pull her socks off her feet. When she's tired she loves to hug and kiss her baby dolls. She just went to the pediatrician on Monday for her six month check up. She weighs 15 lbs and 11 oz and is 27.5 inches long, which places her in the 50th percentile for weight and the...wait till you hear this...97TH PERCENTILE for length! Yes, with short parents! I don't get it, honestly. She also started eating solids about 5 weeks ago, and seems to love everything except for peaches and squash, but I'm still working on that. She also loves any of the secret food that Diego feeds her when I'm not looking, be it a quick taste of a green olive or a piece of ham (which I don't condone btw but he's really quick!) Well, I think I was general enough! I am going to try to be better with the updates! I hope everyone is well! Here are some pics from this weekend!

9 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Yea!!!! We were wondering what happened to you. It was great to get to know you better in Utah, we should definitely plan another get together. We are planning a visit this summer to your parents. You should go at the same time, then we could do all the fun stuff that we couldnt do in the snow!

Maren and Dustin said...

Roxy, you foxy lady, your baby is so cute!!!! It was fun to read your blog. Feel free to check out mine anytime. Fun to see you and your cute family (and so glad you found love- as I recall the only time you had been in love was with a Krispy Kreme Donut- random ward prayer memory, just thought I'd share.)

Amy said...

I am so happy you are back because I have thoroughly missed you dear! I love you and your family. Please come to Utah when I am here next time. And check out our new blog, grossens.com

K-Cos said...

I wonder what it would be like if this blog was updated more than once a quarter? :) Nothin' but love for ya! :)

Joo Lin said...

I second Kerri's post... I need more pics of the little doll! Hope you're well.

Dinga said...

Lulu is adorable. You guys did a good job. I hope you are doing well and can't wait to see more pictures of the little one and hear about new milestones. Isn't it fun to watch them learn?!

Dinga said...

Oh, I also meant to say, "HOLY HAIR!" Where did she get it all? I think she must have gotten all the hair Lydia was supposed to get as well as about 20 to 30 other babies. Lucky girl.

Gabe & Cora said...

Roxy!!! ya te tengo en mi lista de blogs!
Ahora si estare checando todos sus eventos=P
Lulita esta hermosa en todas las fotos!!!

Dinga said...

Hey, where did you go??? I need to see some updated pictures of that adorable little Lulu!